Friday, November 21, 2008
3 cups of whole wheat powder
1 bunch of methi washed and chopped into small pieces
1 medium sized onion chopped into very small pieces
1 tsp jeera seeds1 tsp haldi powder
1 Tb.sp of chili powder
1 tsp of coriander powder
1 Tb.sp of olive oil
1 tsp salt
* In the above oil season jeera until it starts sputtering
* Add onions and fry until translucent
* Then add all the remaining masala powders and fry for ½ minute
* Now add the chopped methi leaves and fry for another minute
* For the above mixture add the wheat flour and make dough adding water only if required.
* Roll the parathas as thin as possible and roast on both sides on thava until u see small brown spots and smear some ghee/oil if desired.