Eggless Cookies Recipe
2 cups of Plain flour
1/4 cup of coarse semolina
1/4 tsp of baking powder
1/2 tsp ground cardamom seeds
1 1/4 cups of ground sugar
3/4 cup of melted butter (you can use margarine as well.)
2 tbsp. plain yogurt
A small handful of almonds, cashews or pistachios for decorating the cookies
How to make eggless cookies:-
- Sieve the flour and baking powder. Add the cardamom powder to the flour.
- Blend the sugar, melted butter and yogurt in a mixing bowl using a fork, till smooth.
- Add the sieved flour and semolina to the sugar and butter mixture. Knead well for 5 minutes. The dough should be soft and just right to enable you to form a ball.
- Transfer the dough into a covered bowl and chill it in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- After, it transfers the dough to a worktop and shapes it like a tube.
- Cut it into manageable chunks.
- Take a chunk at a time and shape into small balls and slightly flatten the balls.
- Sprinkle some diced almonds, pistachio or cashews by pressing it gently into the biscuits.
- Pre heat oven to 180 degrees centigrade. Place the Eggless Cookies on a greased tray leaving enough space between each biscuits to allow them to spread as they cook.
- Bake Eggless Cookies in the center of the oven for 18-20 minutes depending upon your oven.
- Once baked, the Eggless Cookies will feel soft on touch. Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack. The Eggless Cookies will harden as they cool.
- Enjoy the Eggless Cookies with a cup of tea.