Gujarati Curry Recipe
1 1/2 cup - curd (full fat works better than skim ones)
1 1/2 cup - water
1 inch piece - ginger, peeled and chopped into thin slices
2 tbsp - besan (chickpea flour)
1 tbsp - ghee (or oil)
1 tsp - cumin seeds
1 tsp - mustard seeds
1 generous pinch - turmeric
1 pinch - asafetida
1/4 tsp - fenugreek seeds
few springs - curry leaves and coriander leaves
2 to 3 - cloves
1 - cinnamon stick
1 to 2 - dried red chili
salt to taste
How to make Gujarati curry:-
· Take a large bowl and mix yogurt and water and blend well till there are lumps
· in a small bowl mix chickpea flour with little of the above mixture till it forms into a paste.
· This helps to avoid lumps when added to the yogurt mixture.
· Mix both of them well till blended.
· In a pan, temper the mustard seeds, cumin seeds, ginger, chili, cloves, cinnamon curry leaves with Ghee/oil
· Add the mixture.
· Simmer for 3-4 min and then add turmeric, salt and asafetida and let it come to a boil.
· The heat should be minimum.
· Garnish it with coriander leaves and serve with roti/phulkas.