Friday, June 17, 2016
Emerald Spicy Rice
1 cup cilantro leaves (coriander)
4 green onions, roughly chopped (½ cup)
2 pickled jalapeno chilies, stemmed, seeded, and chopped (2 to 3 Tbs.)
2 Tbs. avocado oil or vegetable oil
2 cups cooked rice, warm
How to make emerald spicy rice:-
- Bring small saucepan of salted water to a boil.
- Put blanch (finely chopped) cilantro and green onions 15 seconds in boiling water, or until green onion tops are bright green.
- Drain and transfer to mixer.
- Add jalapeños and oil to mixer, and blend until smooth.
- Stir green sauce into warm cooked rice, and season with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Ready to serve hot.
Wednesday, June 15, 2016
Paneer Rice Fingers
1/2 kg paneer (Indian cottage cheese), cut into small cubes/rectangles/strips
1-1/2 cups cooked rice
1/2 tsp Soda bicarb
1 cup besan (bengal gram flour)
2 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
1 tsp white sesame seeds (Til)
1-1/2 tsp poppy seeds (khus-khus)
1 tsp red chili powder
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
1/2 tsp chili paste
2 tsp buttermilk
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp garam masala powder
Fresh coriander leaves, finely chopped
2 tbsp green spring onions, finely chopped
Salt to taste
Oil to deep fry
How to make Paneer Rice Fingers:-
- Take a big bowl and combine cooked rice, besan, buttermilk, salt and soda bicarb.
- Gradually add water and make a smooth batter.
- Make sure, the batter should be lumps free.
- Keep this batter aside for 2 hours to set.
- After keeping the batter for 2 hours, mix the remaining ingredients except paneer.
- Heat good amount of oil in a frying pan.
- Now smear or dip the strips of paneer one by one into prepared batter.
- Coat from all the sides and drop into hot oil.
- Fry one medium high flame, till the paneer strips turns crispy and crunchy.
- Drain on oil absorbent paper and serve immediately with green chutney and tomato sauce.