Crispy Rice Pancakes
½ cup rice, soaked 8 hours or overnight
½ cup dried beans, soaked 8 hours or overnight
¼ cup light coconut milk
1 Tbs. thinly sliced green onion
¼ tsp. ground turmeric
8 tsp. vegetable oil
Paneer cut into 16 thin slices
2 cups bean sprouts
2 cups mixed fresh basil, mint, and coriander or spring onions for garnish
How to make crispy rice pancakes:-
· Rinse and drain soaked rice, and blend in blender with 1 cup water until smooth. Transfer to large bowl, and set aside.
· Rinse and drain beans, and blend in blender with 1/2 cup water until no lumps remain.
· Stir bean mixture into rice mixture along with coconut milk, green onion, and turmeric. Heat one tsp. oil in medium-high heat.
· Add 2 slices paneer, and stir-fry 30 seconds. Ladle in just enough batter to cover stir-fried ingredients, swirling pan to coat bottom.
· Reduce heat to medium-low, and cook 3 to 5 minutes, or until bottom is crispy.
· Scatter 1/4 cup bean sprouts over one side of pancake; fold other side over to form half moon. Cook pancake 1 to 2 minutes more per side.
· Repeat with remaining ingredients until you have 8 pancakes. Garnish with fresh herbs or spring onion.