Pineapple Sweet Corn Rice Recipe
o Boiled rice – 2 cups, cold or at room temperature
o Pineapple – 1 cup of small chunks
o Boiled sweet corn – 1 cup
o Ginger – 1 inch stick
o Green chili – 1 or 2
o Salt – to taste
o Olive oil – 1 tablespoon
o Fresh coconut, grated – 1 tablespoon
o Fresh coriander leaves, chopped – 1 tablespoon
How to make pineapple sweet corn rice:-
- Cut pineapple to small pieces of about 1-cm.
- Boil sweet corn if using frozen.
- Chop green chilies and ginger into fine strips.
- Heat olive oil in a large flat-bottomed non-stick pan on medium-high heat.
- Add green chilies and ginger, fry till the ginger starts to turn brown.
- Add boiled sweet corn and stir fry on high heat for a minute. Add pineapple next and stir fry for another minute.
- Mix salt into rice, fluff it with a fork and make sure there are no lumps. Add rice to the pan and continue to cook on high heat for 3-4 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Add grated coconut to the pan.
- Cook for another minute, till all the flavors have merged.
- Top with fresh coriander leaves. Serve hot.