Friday, November 21, 2008
1 Medium Gobi/Cauliflower - cut into florets
1/2 cup Cornflour
1/2 cup All Purpose Flour/Maida
2 Tbsp Soy Chili Sauce
2 Tbsp Green Chili Sauce
1 tsp hot Red Chili Powder
3 Tbsp Tomato sauce
1/2 Capsicum- Sliced lengthwise
1 Big Onion -Sliced
1 tsp Butter -melted
4 Garlic Cloves- Chopped finely
1 Tbsp Ginger-Garlic-Green chili paste
2 Green chilies - Chopped finely
1/2 inch Ginger- Sliced into thin strips
Oil for deep frying
* Mix cornflour+ maida + Garlic-Green chili paste + melted hot butter+ salt( as per taste) along with little warm water to make a thick paste.
* Dip Cauliflower florets into this paste and deep fry them until golden brown and set them aside.
* Now in a kadai heat little oil and fry onions till transparent.
* To this add chopped garlic cloves and fry them until transparent.
* Now add green chilies and ginger and then add in capsicum and fry them for a min.Note that capsicum should still remain crispy.
* Now add soy sauce+ chili sauce+ tomato sauce+ red chili powder and saute it for a few secs.
* To this add about 3 tbsp of water and the above fried and cooled gobi bajias.( Tip: Bajias should not be hot here. This is to maintain the crispiness even after added to the sauce mixture)
* Garnish with fresh coriander leaves and serve hot.