4 Cups Rice flour
1/2 Cup + 2 Tbsp Urad Dal
6 Tbsp Butter
1 Tbsp Jeera seeds
1 tsp Black Sesame seeds
1 tsp Chili powder
Salt as per taste
Oil for deep frying
- Fry urad dal without using any oil constantly stirring until it turns light brown. Let it cool and gring it into a fine powder without using any water.
- Now sieve rice flour+ above urad dal powder + salt+ chili powder twice.
- Now to this mixture add the melted hot butter and rest of the ingredients.
- Slowly make a soft dough adding only required amount of water.
- Fill the chakli maker with the above dough. On a wax paper or on a greased plate make circular chaklis.
- Meanwhile heat up oil (do not reuse oil as this helps the chalklis remain good for a month if stored in air tight jar) in a kadai until nice and hot.
- Slowly remove the chaklis from the plate and put them in kadai one at a time and fry them on medium heat until they turn golden. Remove from the oil. Once cooled store them in air tight container. Chaklis stored like this remains fresh for a month.