LACHHA PARATHA RECIPE
1 tbsp Oil
Salt as per taste
Butter/Ghee (Pure ghee) for frying
Water for kneading.
You can also add ajwain to it.
How to make lachha paratha:
· Make dough 30 minutes before and cover it with moist muslin cloth.
· Take a Ping-Pong ball size lump of dough. Now roll it into a circle of appox. 5 to 6 " diameter using dry flour. Heat the ghee so that it turns to liquid.
· Now spread the ghee properly over entire surface.
· Using a knife make a 2" cut lengthways and fold it inwards .
· Spread Oil on every fold. Now press it lightly towards the center to show the layers clearly and roll like a paratha. (Refer the picture).
· Cook on a pre-heated Tawa (flat griddle plate).
· Turn the lachha paratha and pour half tablespoon oil or butter.
· Spread it on the paratha and shallow fry over low heat.
· Turn it and again pour oil or butter on the other side.
· Cook the lachha paratha on a low heat till golden brown.
· Enjoy it with any vegetable or garlic chutney.